Class: Safe Babywearing Practices
Whether you are an expectant first time parent or a veteran caregiver looking to add babywearing to your repertoire, there is room for you at our monthly babywearing classes.
In this class, volunteers from “Milwaukee Babywearing” will:
- discuss the 4 basic types of carriers, and demonstrate how to use each properly
- go over safety guidelines and how to ensure an ergonomic experience that fully supports baby’s growing body
- cover the benefits of babywearing (for both you and baby!)
- answer your questions, and help with your own carriers
- help you try on different styles of carriers yourself, with the help of our weighted demo dolls
Experienced or soon-to-be parents of all genders and orientations are welcome. Children are welcome to attend with their parents. We are happy to work with any restrictions you may have (bad back, limited mobility, assistive devices, etc.) to find the best fit for you. Please bring any carriers that you need help with to the class!”
Location: Bay View Community Center
1320 E Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207
Generally 3rd Saturday of each month (check Event for details)
1:00 – 2:30 pm
Visit the “Events” page for information on other classes, meet-ups, Fit Checks, playgroups & other Milwaukee Babywearing community events!